Function: Purchasing, Procurement and Supplies
Kenyan County: Nairobi County
Sector: Consulting & Professional Services
Are you an effective communicator with the drive to succeed? If so, this is a great opportunity for at least three new people to join our growing team.
We are expanding the business processing outsourcing (‘BPO’) services we provide to our clients in the UK, USA and Asia. You will form the first core of the team now being set up to help manage our customer’s supply chains.
This is your opportunity to get in at the start of a new team in our innovative and growing business. Our new procurement division is key within our growth plan to offer a high level of service to both existing and new clients.
- Ensure the materials needed to meet production plans are received into our client business.
- Ensure the timely flow of materials from suppliers into the businesses.
- Identify, rectify and/or escalate potential issues to minimise the impact to the business of any impending supply delays.
Previous experience, and a formal qualification in the procurement and supplies sector may be advantageous but are not essential pre-requisites to this role, for which fill training will be provided.
To do this job effectively you will have the following characteristics:
- The ability to be self-motivated and work in a team
- Excellent self-planning and organisational skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and high-pressured environment.
- Practical working knowledge and capability of Microsoft applications (Excel & Word) is essential.
- Experience in the use of SAP or similar MRP systems would be great, but not essential as full training will be provided.